Thursday, July 21, 2011

Beach 2011

The Annual Phelps' Beach Trip is the highlight of the summer! I always look forward to the beach especially this year because my family joined the trip! We left for the beach after church, July 10th. Everyone thought we were crazy we all went in one car (except my mom, sister, and David). BUT, that still left Keith, Grace, Catherine, John, Dustin, Georgianne, and me in ONE vehicle! I really wish we would have taken a picture of the car. Georgianne did great during the ride down there. We stopped to buy her a portable DVD player and once we had that - she was ready! It took us between 9 and 10 hours to arrive to Perdido, Florida. 

The next morning, we hit the beach! I was so excited to put GGP's TOES in the sand!

She actually loved it! We sat in that chair for a few minutes and just let the waves come up over her feet!

Having my mom, sister, and David a couple of miles away was a great treat! Dustin, Ann, and I took David to the water park and he LOVED it! I really wish I had pictures from the water park but I was too scared to take my camera. David rode all the slides even the BIG ones! He was such a trooper! 

One very interesting activity that we did was catch blue crabs! Dustin and Keith set out a trap each morning and we checked it two time per day. Catherine named one crab Henry. 


 By the end of the week, we caught 6 crabs. On our last night, we had a crab boil. *Grace and I really wanted to let the crabs go, but we got out voted*
The last day, we went to take pictures - of course it rained! But, it is something that Grace always looks forward to!




 We took a picture just like this about 5 years ago!



The trip was full of family, laughter, and love! I feel so blessed to have such an amazing family!

No comments:

Post a Comment